Hours Of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 8:30pm
Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 11:00am (urgent care walk in for PEM patients)
Jan 15, 2024
Prince Edward Medical Group Family Practice
Dear Patients of Prince Edward Medical,
It is with a heavy heart that I am letting you know that Prince Edward Medical is closing as of March 31, 2024. Opening this clinic to offer comprehensive family medicine care to our community from cradle to grave was a true labour of love. I started my own practice here in March of 2016 and over time recruited 7 other family doctors to join me, offering care to almost 10,000 patients in our community.
Unfortunately, despite my every effort, the shared family practice clinic is not sustainable and this letter is to advise as to the closure plans.
· I, Dr. Tecimer, will continue my practice at this same location.
· Dr. Holland has already notified her patients of her practice closure on April 12, 2024.
· Dr. Keenan is in the process of notifying her patients of her practice closure for March 31, 2024.
· Dr. McInnis, Dr. Thomas, Dr. Onyett-Jeffries and Dr. Quigley will be relocating their practices on April 1, 2024 and will be connecting directly with their patients to provide details.
I respectfully request that you do not call the office to inquire about other Prince Edward Medical physicians taking on your care or what the next steps are. Each physician has reached out or will reach out to their respective patients with information about their plans and additional information as indicated above.
Please be kind to the staff who are doing their best to care for our patients while we are still open. Overwhelming the lines with complaints and frustration only negatively impacts the time, attention and care we are able to give to our patients who are in need.
I have had many requests to personally take on patients and their family members due to this change and while I would love to be able to help everyone, my practice has been over capacity for a long time. My own practice will change in terms of regular and after-hours care after March 31, 2024. I will update my patients via our newsletter as I finalize plans. Please sign up for the newsletter on our website www.princeedwardmedical.ca
I understand and truly empathize with your frustration and fears about potentially losing your family doctors. My own family members and friends are also affected by the closure of our clinic and the current crisis in primary care.
Please check our website for updates.
Dr. Sandy Tecimer,
Clinical Lead and Founder of Prince Edward Medical
PEM 2023-2024 holiday hours
We are open over the holidays for urgent issues for all PEM patients.
Patients can walk in for urgent issues:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 Christmas Day
Tues Dec 26, 2023 Boxing Day
OPEN WALK IN FOR URGENT ISSUES
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12pm-8pm
Thurs Dec 28 , 2023 12pm-8pm
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9am-5pm
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9am -12pm
Sun Dec 31
Mon Jan 1, 2024 New Year’s Day
OPEN WALK IN FOR URGENT ISSUES
Tues Jan 2, 2024 9am-830pm
Wed Jan 3, 2024 9am-830pm
Thurs Jan 3, 2024 9am-830pm
Fri Jan 4, 2024 9am-1230pm
Dr McInnis will have regular patient hours Jan 2-Jan 4, 2024
OPEN REGULAR CLINIC APPOINTMENTS & HOURS Jan 8, 2024.
Prince Edward Pharmacy will be also be open these hours to help care for our patients and the community.
We wish all our patients and their families a healthy and happy holiday season.
Please be sure to sign up for the Prince Edward Medical newsletter for updates.
Sep 19, 2023 Fall updates
With fall there is always the excitement of back to school and back to regular and new routines. Please be sure to read about some important clinic updates.
- Please ALWAYS bring a MASK to EVERY appointment. As of August 15th, we are no longer providing them due to limited resources. We ask our patients to do their part to keep our most vulnerable community members safe. If you forget to bring one, you can purchase one at our pharmacy before your appointment, but give yourself plenty of time to not miss be late for your appointment.
- Cough, cold, flu & COVID season upswing will be among us. For urgent appointments please call as early as possible in the day & accept the appointment given. We would love to be able to see everyone after work/school/daycare, but do not have the capacity.
- There have been some major staffing changes in the office, please be patient and KIND to the staff as we try to improve access to care, clinic flow and work out kinks. Without our staff, the clinic can’t run and everyone is doing their best.
- We don’t have a way to reach out to all our patients en masse and changes happen often with the clinic, please sign up for our newsletter to get updates into your inbox.
- Keep posted for flu shot & COVID vaccine clinic updates. We encourage everyone to get their flu shot & COVID vaccine booster if eligible at the Toronto Public Health centres & pharmacies.
- Please see the new fee structure for UNINSURED services (sick notes, forms etc), updated Sep 30, 2023.
July 5, 2023
Urgent Clinic (open 9-11) – As of Dec 1, 2022, Saturday clinic will be open to PEM patients on a WALK in only basis for urgent issues from 9am to 11am. The clinic closes at 12pm, so if there are many patients, we will stop accepting patients earlier.
Please be KIND – The demand for medical care has been unprecedented. Our staff has allowed us to keep open EVERY day of the pandemic. They are constantly learning and adapting protocols to help doctors see patients safely. Please do not yell at the staff or be angry with them. They are doing their best with the resources we have. Please take a moment to thank them for their efforts keeping us open and caring for your during the pandemic.
Covid Vaccines – We encourage all our eligible patients to get a covid vaccine as per public health guidelines! Including children ages 6 months and older.
Virtual Appointments vs In Person Appointments – Virtual appointments are booked at the request of the MD only. In our experience, the majority of patients requested virtual appointments resulted in the need for an in person exam, which leads to double appointments for the same issue, reducing access to appointments for everyone.
Please note: the same policy for cancelling appointments applies for virtual appointments as for in-person appointments. Please provide a full business day notice to cancel/reschedule your appointment to avoid incurring a fee.
Give yourself time when booking virtual appointments, physicians running late due to medical issues are still expecting you. If your doctor is unable to reach you for your scheduled virtual appointment, a “no show” fee will be enforced, as someone else will have missed that appointment slot.
This information may change as we gather new information. We will post updates on our website and Instagram as we have them.
Sincerely, PEM Doctors
We are currently unable to accept new patients.
Thank you for your understanding.
Check back here, or follow our Instagram to be the first to know when we open registration in the future.
? We provide timely access to prenatal care for pregnant patients. Learn more at StJoesFamilyOB.com or call our clinic to book an appointment.
Our clinic is easily accessible by public transit, and is only minutes walk from the subway.
If you are driving, please be aware that parking behind our building is very limited, but there is ample metered street parking along Bloor Street, as well as a GreenP lot on the north-west corner of Bloor and Prince Edward.
REMEMBER: Always come 10 minutes early to your appointment, bring a VALID health card and all your medications to each visit. We do NOT make reminder calls.
If your health card is not valid, or if you are late for your appointment, you will be charged the appropriate OMA rate for your meet and greet appointment will be re-booked at the next available new patient slot.
For more information, go to the Your Visit section.
NOTE: It is a clinic policy to not allow transfers between physicians.
Our AFTER HOURS CLINICS is available MONDAY TO THURSDAY (5:30pm-8:30pm) AND SATURDAY (9am-11am – walk in for urgent issues only).
Please see the Urgent Visit tab for further details.